The GSM SIM 800L TTL board is a compact module that provides GSM/GPRS communication capabilities. It allows you to establish a cellular connection and communicate over the GSM network using a SIM card. Here are some key points about the GSM SIM800L TTL board:
- Communication: The GSM SIM 800L TTL board supports 2G GSM network communication, including voice calls, SMS messaging, and GPRS data transmission. It operates on various frequency bands depending on the module variant and the region it is intended for.
- TTL Interface: The module features a TTL (Transistor-Transistor Logic) interface for communication with external devices such as microcontrollers or other TTL-compatible devices. This interface enables you to send commands and receive responses to control the module’s functionalities.
- SIM Card Slot: The GSM SIM 800L TTL board has a slot for inserting a standard-sized SIM card. The SIM card provides the necessary authentication and identification required to establish a cellular connection.
- Power Supply: The module typically operates at a voltage of 3.7V to 4.2V. It can be powered using an external power supply or a battery. Additionally, it requires a stable power source capable of supplying sufficient current to support the module’s communication requirements.
- Serial Communication: The GSM board communicates with external devices through a serial interface. You can use UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver-Transmitter) communication to send and receive commands and data to/from the module.
- AT Commands: The module uses AT (Attention) commands to control its functionalities. These commands are sent over the serial interface to configure settings, initiate calls, send SMS messages, and perform other operations.
The GSM SIM800L TTL board is commonly used in applications such as IoT projects, remote monitoring, tracking systems, and other projects that require cellular connectivity